Mixing French champagne with designer interiors led to the creation of a luxury lifestyle event.
Recently French champagne house, or rather maison, G.H. Mumm, collaborated with fine wine and spirits merchants Norman Goodfellows at Block & Chisel Interiors in Illovo, Johannesburg for an evening with a good dosage of style.
Joburg’s darlings crossed the red carpet to enter a world of charm where Norman Goodfellows introduced its luxurious range of gift packs for the festive season.
The Block & Chisel store’s beautiful settings were maximised to display various premium brands with matching décor:
- The star of the show was French champagne G.H.Mumm, served alongside plush red velvet sofas to match the famous red ribbon adorned champagne bottles
- In befitting style, regal Martell cognac was displayed in a symphony of royal blue, with scented navy candles offset by linen sofas
- The pistachio green florals of Perrier-Jouët Champagne were repeated in a green Savoy sofa – on par with the current foliage décor trend
- Reclaimed wood, copper and a beautiful black hand crafted desk set the scene for The Glenlivet single malt
- The 25-year-old iconic Chivas Regal whisky was served with distinction on a distressed oak table with a double shot of heritage and artisanal craftsmanship from Block & Chisel
Guests were further treated to hand crafted 1701 Nougat as well as a prestige Pernod Ricard cocktail menu – which included the spirits Absolute Elyx, Martell cognac and Beefeater gin. Sushi, macarons and other de luxe eats were skilfully added to the luxurious blend.
The evening was indeed the coming together of bespoke gifting, French champagne and magnificent interiors.